Position: Imports Co-ordinator
Company: JK Foods
Hours: 40 hours per week (exc breaks)
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience
Location: Nottingham (Office Based)
Start date: ASAP
An opportunity has arisen for an additional Imports Co-ordinator to work within our head office team in Nottingham.
The Imports Co-ordinator role is a key role within the business.
You will ensure the efficient and effective functioning of all Imports, and continuously improve the overall performance of the import department ensuring that international customs laws and regulations are adhered to.
Key Result Areas, Tasks and Main Duties:
- Working in the Imports Department and the ongoing management of freight operations, ensuring compliance with budgets and financial KPI’s.
- When required, communicate key department information to senior Management in a timely manner.
- To arrange, handle and coordinate incoming (UK) freight shipments and follow up with customs officials to ensure timely clearance.
- Work collaboratively with supply chain, the buying team, the warehouse & distribution team and clients to ensure correct and efficient processes, use of commodity codes and preferences to ensure best practise compliance.
- Plan deliveries to depots bearing in mind stock priority, free days at port, warehouse space, and current haulage availability.
- Setting up payments and check orders against invoices and liaise with the accounts department, ensuring all relevant documentation has been received.
- Complete costing and review requirements for imports and any restrictions to bring cargo to the UK.
- To manage queries from authorities and internal colleagues regarding costings.
- Check commodity codes for existing and new lines; implement any changes to reduce costs.
- Produce customs documentation in advance of imports and exports for final checking of customs entries.
- Cary out audits and ensuring relevant documentation is in place.
- To carry out general day to day duties including booking containers ensuring entries/paperwork received in time and tracking shipments.
- Liaising with suppliers, agents, shipping companies and banks where necessary to ensure shipments are cleared efficiently.
- Liaising with internal buyers, informing them about goods in transit and alert them to any issues.
- Complete Periodic Levy returns
The Candidate – Skills & Experience required:
- An understanding of C88/E2’s is essential as well as knowledge on Generalised Scheme of Preferences (GSP).
- Experience in food shipments/customs entries is preferred.
- A good knowledge of import legislation in terms of food products.
- An understanding of the product range and any critical features of their shipment.
- An ability to analyse problems and present possible solutions.
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including:
- 30 days annual leave (Including bank holidays), Pro rata for part time employees
- Auto enrolment pension.
- Free onsite parking
- Staff Discount in store.
If you have the skills and abilities to succeed in this role then we would love to hear from you. Please apply now with a cover letter with your current salary and a copy of your CV.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage, therefore if you do not hear from us within four weeks, your application has not been successful.
The Hyperama Group is a growing business and a dynamic place to work and is continually investing and developing the business and its employees to make it a better place to work and shop.
We employ circa 250 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand its divisions and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
JK Foods – one of the UK’s largest importers and distributors of foods from Asia and the Far East, selling and delivering across a wide range of markets including Chinese restaurants and Takeaways, wholesalers and major supermarkets. Each product (own label and branded) is carefully sourced from the country of origin capturing its unique richness and character and impeccable quality control ensures their products are leading the field across all categories. Our own brand, Tiger Tiger was launched to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food. Tiger Tiger has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality food in their own homes in a convenient and delicious manner. Tiger Tiger is widely sold in the UK and is also exported to the USA, Middle East and Europe.
Hyperama – one of the UK’s leading Cash & Carry in the Midlands. From small beginnings in Nottingham in 1976, the company now operates from 3 depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, West Bromwich, and Peterborough.
Tiger Foodservice – a customer driven delivered business to a variety of customers which include traditional cafes, restaurants, care homes, schools, business, hospitality and leisure venues as well as Indian restaurants.
Bring me drink- an online retailer of licenced and soft drinks. Our aims are high, and we expect the journey ahead to be fast paced, exciting and rewarding for all of our team.