Position: Head of Operations
Company: Hyperama Plc
Hours: 45 hours per week (exc breaks)
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience
Location: Based at Nottingham but will be required to travel to other sites in West Bromwich and Peterborough
Start date: ASAP
As the Head of Operations, you will report into the Managing Director and you will have responsibility for our 3 Cash and Carry’s based in the midlands.
Your responsibility will be to manage the day-to-day running of all depots, optimising consistency and efficiency, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures.
You will be a strong leader who can motivate and develop each depot management team to meet sales, productivity and shrinkage targets.
Key Result Areas, Tasks and Main Duties:
- Reporting to the MD on operational matters
- Co-ordinating the activities of depot managers with operational responsibility to ensure the company’s operating policies and procedures are maintained
- Supervising the day-to-day operations to ensure optimum customer service levels and depot standards are maintained
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and statutory requirements on a timely basis such as Health and Safety Regulations and adherence to the Operations Manual
- Developing and enhance a positive relationship between all staff and management across the depots
- Refine documented procedures and training as required
- Ensuring a healthy and productive working environment is maintained inclusive of clear direction, identified priorities and shared sense of purpose
- Interfaces between Senior Management at all sites on operational issues including sales, marketing, budgetary finance, HR and Health and Safety
- Maintaining and building constructive, effective and professional key customer relationships through effective liaison with Depot Managers
- Provide holiday cover for Depot Managers as and when required
- Negotiate service and maintenance contracts
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required
The Candidate – Skills & Experience required:
- Sound knowledge of business procedures that requires a hands-on management style.
- Motivating others, dealing with conflict and skilled at coordinating activities of many diverse functions. Together with the ability to sell ideas and communicate with many levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Extremely methodical with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to learn new IT skills quickly
- Confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel or equivalent.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to understand/analyse profit and margin accounts
- UK driving licence essential to travel to all sites
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including:
- 30 days annual leave (Including bank holidays), Pro rata for part time employees
- Auto enrolment pension
- Staff Discount in store
- Company car
If you have the skills and abilities to succeed in this role then we would love to hear from you. Please apply now with a cover letter with your current salary and a copy of your CV.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage, therefore if you do not hear from us within four weeks, your application has not been successful.
The Hyperama Group is a growing business and a dynamic place to work and is continually investing and developing the business and its employees to make it a better place to work and shop.
We employ circa 250 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand its divisions and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
Hyperama – one of the UK’s leading Cash & Carry in the Midlands. From small beginnings in Nottingham in 1976, the company now operates from 3 depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, West Bromwich, and Peterborough.
Tiger Foodservice – a customer driven delivered business to a variety of customers which include traditional cafes, restaurants, care homes, schools, business, hospitality and leisure venues as well as Indian restaurants.
Bring me drink- an online retailer of licenced and soft drinks. Our aims are high, and we expect the journey ahead to be fast paced, exciting and rewarding for all of our team.
JK Foods – one of the UK’s largest importers and distributors of foods from Asia and the Far East, selling and delivering across a wide range of markets including Chinese restaurants and Takeaways, wholesalers and major supermarkets. Each product (own label and branded) is carefully sourced from the country of origin capturing its unique richness and character and impeccable quality control ensures their products are leading the field across all categories. Our own brand, Tiger Tiger was launched to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food. Tiger Tiger has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality food in their own homes in a convenient and delicious manner. Tiger Tiger is widely sold in the UK and is also exported to the USA, Middle East and Europe.