Credit Controller – Hyperama Plc
Full Time – immediate start
Location – Nottingham
Salary – Competitive dependant on skills and experience
Hours – 42.5 hours per week (excluding breaks). Monday – Friday. 7am-4pm
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Credit Controller to join our finance team at Head Office.
This is a fast-paced role for a £145m turnover food distribution and wholesale business, selling across a wide range of markets – grocery multiples, convenience, food service and catering. This role will be an immediate start for the successful candidate.
The business has recently invested in several director / senior management positions in order to drive the business forwards. Debtor days is a crucial metric that is imperative for the future success of the business.
You will be responsible for actively pursuing and collecting all customer debt within the business. This includes making sure that appropriate terms are set for customers, the business processes and customers adhere to these terms, customer credit checking and overdue debts are chased promptly. You will need to be flexible, a strong team player and have open mind to challenge current practices and make business process improvements. Building and developing difficult relationships is a must in this challenging industry.
Key Result Areas, Tasks and Main Duties
· Chasing debtors in accordance with company procedures
· Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices and maintaining accurate notes on the system.
· Agreeing and monitoring customers payment arrangements where appropriate.
· Preparing and providing accurate management information around cash collection.
· Control of and upkeep of customers DD mandates and monitor and correct any unit rate changes accordingly.
· Working with external debt collectors to ensure best practice.
· Must initiate court proceedings, CCJs, transferring to Bailiffs, attending court as and when required.
· Must complete daily paperwork required for court proceeding and within set timeframes.
· Responding in a timely fashion to all customer queries by either telephone, letter or email.
· Administrative support across both credit and finance teams.
· To interact with sales team/customer service and operations to ensure all outstanding queries are resolved within the agreed timescale and escalated according to company procedure.
· To chase debt/aged debt on a weekly basis.
· To review orders on hold.
· To run daily bank reports and send to the bank direct.
· To key suppliers’ promotional invoices.
· To complete annual credit checks.
· To run director and customer reports for credit facilities
· Produce weekly and monthly statements
· Produce monthly debtor reports for line manager.
· Inform the Finance Controller/ Finance Director immediately of any worsening of customer payment behaviour.
· Suggest improvements to current business practices.
The Candidate – Skills & Experience required:
· A minimum of 3 years credit control
· Legal experience in chasing debt is essential
· You will have strong attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
· Have a strong telephone manner and rapport building skills
· IT and numerically literate
· Strong interpersonal skills as communication is key
· Be presentable, polite, courteous and helpful to stakeholders, even under stressful conditions.
· You will comply with any reasonable requests made to you for any additional work as and when required as requested by your line manager.
· You may be required to cover members of staff over holiday and/or sickness periods depending on your skills.
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including:
· 22 days holiday plus 8 statutory days.
· Auto enrolment pension.
· a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts.
· discounted products and memberships.
· Staff Discount in store.
If you have the skills and abilities to succeed in this role then we would love to hear from you. Please apply now with a cover letter with your current salary and a copy of your CV.
Hyperama plc is one of the leading food and drink Cash & Carry operators in the Midlands as well as an importer and distributor of Oriental Food throughout the UK. From small beginnings in Nottingham in 1976, the company now operates from 4 depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, Derby, West Bromwich, and Peterborough. The company operate a mixed fleet of vehicles used to transport goods to our clients across the UK.
We also own the Tiger Tiger brand, which was launched in 2004 to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food.
Tiger Tiger has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality delicious food in their own homes in a convenient manner. Tiger Tiger is widely sold in the UK and is also exported to the USA and Europe.
The Hyperama Group is a growing business and a dynamic place to work. We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage, therefore if you do not hear from us within four weeks, your application has not been successful.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business. The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalise peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.