Permanent - Full Time
Dependent on Skills and Experience
Position: Assistant Manager
Company: Tiger Foodservice, Hyperama Plc
Hours: 45 hours per week (exc breaks)
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Start date: ASAP
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our Tiger Foodservice team at Hyperama Plc, Nottingham.
The post-holder is responsible for assisting the day-to-day running of Tiger Foodservice and e-commerce divisions.
The aim of the role is to manage and motivate the operational team and effectively control and deliver against set KPI’s. The operational role spans all departments encompassing stock management, replenishment, picking, loading and distribution.
Key Result Areas, Tasks and Main Duties:
- Day to day management and planning of all warehouse and distribution functions.
- Meeting targets and KPI’s for productivity, accuracy and inventory control.
- Develop and manage training and development plans.
- Staff recruitment and retention – recruit, train and develop direct reports.
- Management of staffing rota in line with company budgets.
- Collaborative working with colleagues across all divisions of the Hyperama business
- Ensuring stock integrity from receipt of goods until completion of delivery.
- Manage and utilise company systems covering route planning, fleet and driver management and inventory control
- Adherence to, and supervision of, all Health & Safety policies, legal obligations and due diligence
- Fleet management – maintenance, service and vehicle forecasting
The Candidate – Skills & Experience required:
• You’ll know the logistics or distribution industry and have experience of running, fast paced, 24/7 operations with responsibility for managing staff
• You will be a confident communicator with a motivational leadership style and a passion for building and motivating high-performing teams
• Ability to find solutions and suggest new ways of working to improve performance as well as influence strategy
• A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
• Able to demonstrates high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
• Computer literate – ability to use Microsoft Office and industry standard applications (route management, sales analysis etc.)
• Transport fleet management experience would be an advantage
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including:
• 30 days annual leave (Including bank holidays)
• Auto enrolment pension.
• Staff Discount in store.
If you have the skills and abilities to succeed in this role then we would love to hear from you. Please apply now with a cover letter with your current salary and a copy of your CV.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage, therefore if you do not hear from us within four weeks, your application has not been successful.
The Hyperama Group is a growing business and a dynamic place to work and is continually investing and developing the business and its employees to make it a better place to work and shop.
We employ circa 250 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand its divisions and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
Hyperama – one of the UK’s leading Cash & Carry in the Midlands. From small beginnings in Nottingham in 1976, the company now operates from 3 depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, West Bromwich, and Peterborough.
Tiger Foodservice – a customer driven delivered business to a variety of customers which include traditional cafes, restaurants, care homes, schools, business, hospitality and leisure venues as well as Indian restaurants.
Bring me drink- an online retailer of licensed and soft drinks. Our aims are high, and we expect the journey ahead to be fast paced, exciting and rewarding for all of our team.
JK Foods – one of the UK’s largest importers and distributors of foods from Asia and the Far East, selling and delivering across a wide range of markets including Chinese restaurants and Takeaways, wholesalers and major supermarkets. Each product (own label and branded) is carefully sourced from the country of origin capturing its unique richness and character and impeccable quality control ensures their products are leading the field across all categories. Our own brand, Tiger Tiger was launched to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food. Tiger Tiger has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality food in their own homes in a convenient and delicious manner. Tiger Tiger is widely sold in the UK and is also exported to the USA, Middle East and Europe.